Sunday, August 5, 2007

Yet another hectic weekend

Busy weekend here in central New York. That seems to be the trend lately, though unfortunately it has left no time for wedding planning and I feel like I'm falling behind. Other than the venue and the photographer, we have no other vendors secured yet. Also, I'm pretty sure that nothing will get done in the next two weeks since I have quite a lot of prep work to do for the double-party weekend: Feather Nester's NY baby shower, and our engagement party.

Yesterday was Round 2 of wedding dress shopping (as well as a lovely BBQ with the family in Binghamton). I found three dresses I'd like to come back to. One made my mom burst into tears, so it's hard to be impartial when that happens :) Round 3 is in two weeks during the double-party weekend, so hopefully after that I'll have a better idea. It's just so hard because there are so many different styles that I like. At this point, my only hard and fast criteria is "not A-line." Anyway, I'll keep ya posted.

Today we continued our progress on the Great Clean Out. After a full year of not having curtains in the living and dining room, the shame of having all those people in town soon made us suck it up and buy them. It's not that we didn't want them, but there just always seems to be something more important to spend $200 on than curtains. So now the living room looks smashing (with the help of some small rearranging as well), and the rest of the house is still hurting. It's that age old problem that when you super clean one room, the other rooms suffer.


Living Room
Dining Room window

B's Man Room - we repurposed some old curtains and cleaned out all of the boxes that used to hide in the corner. Thanks to the clean out, his cub scout hat, eagle scout badge, and his dad's Army card now adorn the mantle.
*********************
On a totally separate note, you must go look at the absolutely adorable onsies that Feather Nester made today!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

S. and B.,

Really love the curtains and the clean look. I still have my army "dog tags" somewhere too.

DAD

feather nester said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person.

And thanks for the shout-out re: the onesies. Sell them? Hmmm...has potential. They really need to be test-driven on real babies first though. Or, really, washing machines, to make sure the stitching holds up.

feather nester said...

By the way, you still have more time to go until your wedding than I had to plan my entire one. And you actually know what you're doing and have lots of help. So don't worry, you'll get it all done, I promise! It'll be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING THE TRANSFORMATION IN JUST THE FEW DAYS SINCE I WAS THERE, IT LOOKS AMAZING, GREAT JOB, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT IN PERSON.

Anonymous said...

It looks so good.... I can't even believe it is the same room!
GOOD JOB!:)

Anonymous said...

Love Andrea G

Anonymous said...

Your rooms look great! I love the color choices. Wanna come and decorate our new house?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...