Saturday, September 22, 2007

30

Weeeellllll, it's official! Yes, I am now 30. I've been excited to turn 30 for quit some time now, so this is in no way traumatic. Life in your 20s is just so nuts and everything is falling into place, and coming together and B and I had a particularly eventful 20s decade, so that definitely made this transition easier. Plus, being in the middle of your engagement year is a wonderful was to turn 30 - new decade, new marriage.

This morning, B spent the better part of 4 hours putting the new wine cabinet together. I won't even get into it here, but there were some design flaws that made it a nightmare. And of course, I was begging him to just call the 800 number and demand that they send us a new one, but a brief four hours later, all was fixed. And now.... it's STUNNING!! It's definitely my most favorite piece of furniture right now! Not that one usually picks favorites with something as seemingly mundane as furniture, but it's just so pretty!!


After the day of wine cabinet engineering, we went on a lovely picnic at one of our favorite small waterfalls. By the time we got there, the sky looked a little... suspicious. So we ate kind of quickly and made little glances at the sky, but after a few minutes, Mother Nature won and the sky opened up. We started manically throwing cheese and hummus and bread and olives into the backpack and tried to take shelter under the trees to ride out the storm. But I'm happy to say that the storm did indeed pass and we resumed our picnic. It was so nice. The gorges here are just so stunning. Now it's off to the Black & White party that Dino Girl is throwing for me!




3 comments:

Red said...

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO! LOOK HOW PERFECT IT IS IN YOUR HOUSE!!!! SO GLAD IT ARRIVED, AND GOOD JOB TO B!

feather nester said...

Hope your party was awesome! Husband almost called you so he could say HB himself, but decided you were in the middle of the party so he didn't. Sounds like a nice picnic, too, with only a brief interruption (oops!).

I think Ouiser also has favorite pieces of furniture, so you're not alone; although, I don't think I have that yet. ...I get really excited about our wine and champagne glasses, though. I think the Husband's favorite "furniture" is our flatware. Do those count?

die Frau said...

It looks beeyewteeful! I love it and want one of my own, although we do have a nice little dry sink from DH's grandmother. Glad you love it so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...