Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rings and things

Quick post before I go home for the day. B is in St. Louis on business so there's no computer waiting for me at home. It's fine though, I'm still slogging my way through the piles and piles of laundry that built up while the septic was being fixed. Not to mention the piles that we had from before that were clean but not folded. Getting ready for work has been slightly easier now that I see that I actually do own clothing, contrary to what it felt like for the past few weeks.

I was so excited about the Giants game (more on that later) that I didn't mention that we bought our wedding rings this weekend! It was probably the easiest decision we've made during this whole crazy process. Of course, I forgot to prepare B that the price tag on my ring would most likely have an extra zero at the end, compared to the price tag on his ring, but I thought he knew that! Oops. Not that he felt that much better about his own ring: "I can't believe I'm spending that much on my ring! If I were going to spend that much money on myself I would have bought a new set of irons!" I delicately pointed out that, unlike the irons, this was the only wedding ring he would ever buy and, also unlike the irons, he would have it forever. Silly men.

As for the Giants game, Dino Girl pointed out that we should have a Superbowl party. I told her that if we agreed to do that, there would be a very firm delineation of the house... the game is for focusing and watching, I told her. All visiting must take place away from the television, over in the dining room. This is serious stuff - the Patriots are good.


Anecdote to make you all feel better about yourselves: It's looking like the Christmas tree will still be firmly in place for the Superbowl party unless I can really get my act together!

3 comments:

feather nester said...

Ha! Our Christmas tree is still up, too! I thought we were the only ones. Our ornaments and lights are off at least.

die Frau said...

My ring was more, too. T loved his ring and chose one that didn't cost too, too much. However, when he first went to get my engagement ring and the salesperson quoted him a price, he did say, "Honey, if I'm paying that much for it, I'm driving it home," and walked out.

Go Giants!

Strongmama said...

Jsut make sure his ring fits him well! B wanted his a little looser because he's afraid of it getting caught on stuff. Unfortunately, it was so loose that he threw it away one day with a rubber glove. He didn't notice it and thought he just forgot to put it on after doing the dishes. Now he has a $20 silver one that fits and isn't going anywhere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...