Thursday, October 23, 2008

A 3 Person Marriage

Up until a week ago our bed used to look like a pillow cemetery. We had so many that there weren't even pillow cases for all of them, and every night before bed I'd have to build what B referred to as The Pillow Wall. And while it sounds like some puritanical way to approach a new marriage, it was really just back support. A pillow for my head, a pillow in front of my stomach, but tucked under just right so my back was supported, one between my knees, etc. As you can imagine, rolling over causes quite a problem as the entire wall needs rearranging. But it was the only way to take the pressure off my back since I'm a side sleeper.

But then there was a stroke of brilliance. B decided that our marriage was strong enough to bring someone else into bed with us, and that someone is a delicious new addition I call Hank, The Body Pillow. Hank was waiting for me at Target for $8 and then I paid an extra $5 to buy him some clothes - no one likes to walk around naked. And let me tell you - Hank has improved my life nearly as much as B has. I'm deeply infatuated.

From the moment Hank replaced The Pillow Wall, I have never slept better and it was an instantaneous change. Instant! And then one night I lent him to B to test out and I slept terribly. He's never leaving my sight again. In fact, I found him just in time because I have to buy our plane tickets for Portland soon and now I'm gonna need to buy three seats instead of two.

4 comments:

feather nester said...

Hooray for body pillows! The Husband bought me two when I was pregnant and they were LIFE SAVERS! I TOTALLY get the "pillow wall" concept. Been there, feel your pain, literally. Eventually I got far enough in the pregnancy that even the body pillows lost their magic, but there were several months there where that was the only way I could sleep.

I'm so happy you found Hank!

Anonymous said...

i HAVE A TARGET HERE SO FOR $8 I CAN GET YOU ONE TO SAVE THE THIRD AIRLINE TICKET !!!! WE CAN USE THAT MONEY FOR FUN THINGS. :):):)

Strongmama said...

My favorite pregnancy story is when I bought one and used it for about 2 nights. One night I woke up having to go to the bathroom, which happens multiple times a night the farther along you get. I was so entangled in the body pillow that I couldn't get up. I couldn't free myself no matter which way I rolled. B had to wiggle it away from me and throw it on the floor. I never used it again because it was too traumatic!

die Frau said...

I'll definitely file that one away! T likes to do that with the comforter: He throws his leg over it and holds it to himself sometime in the night, or when I'm not there. I call it his "blanket-whore" and occasionally punch the comforter to show it who's really the boss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...