Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Be Grateful

We're taking the kitties and heading home for a few days, so I'll leave you with this poem in celebration of Thanksgiving. I received it for the first time years ago and it really altered the way I view the world. I hope it does the same for you.


I am thankful:

For the taxes I pay because it means I am not unemployed
For the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends
For the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat
For my shadow that watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine
For the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home
For all the complaining I hear about the government because it means we have freedom of speech
For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking
For my huge heating bill because it means I am warm
For the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means I can hear
For the pile of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear
For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been working hard
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning because it means I am alive!


2 comments:

die Frau said...

Thanks for altering my perception.

Anonymous said...

M and I were discussing this the other day and then I saw your post. It definetly puts life into perspective. love ya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...