Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

We had another good Halloween this year - a little too good as we stayed at the party until 5am and haven't really gotten off the couch much today except maybe to pee and feed the cats. Clearly we got confused last night and thought we were 20. We didn't bring our camera to the party, so I don't have pictures, but I really wish I did because it was the most elaborately decorated Halloween party I've ever been to - truly unbelievable.

My contribution was these adorable Halloween cupcakes. I found the mummy idea in a cupcake book I have and invented the graveyard idea. They came out so great! The tombstones were made out of fondant, which was only my second time working with it, but it's basically like edible clay so it's pretty user friendly and opens up a lot of decoration possibilities.


As for our costumes, B was a nerd and I was a school girl. I'm giving you this photo because it's fairly tame and sort of hides the slutty aspects of my costume. I've never been one to use Halloween as an excuse to whore it up, and I'm not criticizing women who do because I don't really care one way or the other, it's just not my style. However, it occurred to me that I had never done the school girl thing and by next Halloween hopefully we'll be pregnant and that is not a costume you should wear when your someones mother. So it was now or never. I blame the magic of the costume for the fact that we almost watched the sun come up this morning.

As for B, his costume was so amazing I couldn't stop squealing - it just all came together so well! He looked like a cartoon character! The bow tie is vintage from his days as a concert violinist, but we bought everything else. However, I will say that his glasses in high school were basically that same size. As for the pants... well... that's just the best part. The pants are women's size 4 pants from Petite Sophisticate. (I'll pause so you can laugh your ass off for a few minutes...) As it turns out, he's closer to a women's size 6 because we had to cut the sides of the waistband for him to be able to breathe while wearing them. It's so nice to know that if I gain a little weight I won't have to buy all new clothes because I can apparently just start wearing B's. I'm a lucky, lucky wife!


3 comments:

Ouiser said...

i will never, ever be able to take him seriously again. EVER.

die Frau said...

I cannot stop laughing, Laser Boy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Nerds rule! This makes Monday way more okay right now. FYI, a friend of a friend who is pregnant got a bunch of her friends together & they went as the pregnant girls from Gloucester High! (Perhaps this story hasn't gotten around to the rest of the country?) Anywho, I thought it was a creative way to go... -J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...