Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Design Love

Charlotte turns one in a few months (AH!) so I have parties on the brain.  I have a great little garden-themed party planned, now I just need to whittle it down to a party I can actually pull off without stress.  I have a firm No Stress rule when it comes to stuff like this because I want our memories of her party to be 100% happy and not filled with thoughts of how anxious we were to get the banner hung.

However, I do loooove me some pretty designs, so No Stress does not mean No Design.  It just means that I have to get my act together early enough so that I can do everything ahead of time.  The little snag in her party planning is that we'll be in Cape Cod on a family vacation the week before so I really need to be ahead of the game. 

But you're not going to get any of my party ideas here.  That way when I cut them in half into what I can actually accomplish, you'll have no idea!  Instead, look at these random but oh-so-adorable party pics that I had in my Party folder.



Oh man.  There is NOTHING that I don't love about this picture.  Nothing.  I just want to stare longingly at it. The colors, the symmetry, the old-timey charm, the deceptive simplicity... I could go on.  I don't know if this is one of her layouts, but it's at least inspired by the great Amy Atlas




Loooooove!!  I'd like to have a little boy just so I could make him this cake!  There's nothing I love more than when modern design is brought to the world of children.  I will go to the mat before I'm forced into throwing some god-awful Dora the Explorer party.  I know that makes me sound like a loon, but we all have our limits and that's mine.



Cute!! I love that they just bought regular party hats at the store and jazzed them up.  No sane person could make every fancy party thing from scratch, so I love this little touch.

1 comment:

Strongmama said...

I love how the one with all the candy and cookies and cupcakes also has apples. Who would really take an apple when there's all that sweet goodness there? But it does look pretty.

When I was planning S's party, I just kept reminding myself that the decorating was for me and the party was for her. That made me a whole lot less stressed about everything. I'm sure you will have a beautiful party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...