Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Reading Group



Happy Friday and Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there. My own mama is out in Utah touring Arches National Park, but luckily my second mama is in town, so we'll celebrate with her tomorrow. Then, of course, I'M a mama, so we'll do our own celebration of that on Sunday. I assume Charlotte has planned a brief but eloquent speech thanking me for all of my unending patience, the patience of a saint really, the homemade meals, the over-snuggling, and all the deep breaths I take before speaking to her.

But before we get to the celebrations, let's read.


  • As I mentioned on Monday, I really like making food for company that you can prepare ahead of time and this Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast would be perfect for that. I never serve an exclusively sweet breakfast, but pair this with eggs and you're good to go.
  • Did any of your Facebook friends post the quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. after Osama Bin Laden was killed? Did you know it's not a real quote? It wasn't a malicious deception, it was a half-genuine quote that got mixed up with other thoughts in the posting and reposting universe of social media. Read about how it happened here and remind yourself to delete most forwards you receive with any information purporting to be true.
  • In case liposuction was on your Life List, you may want to reconsider. A new study, the first randomized of it's kind, showed that the fat sucked out of your body comes back in different places. Basically, your body likes to hang on to it's fat and gets worried when you suck it out... so it puts it back for you! How nice. 
  • Does anyone remember the movie Cocktail with Tom Cruise and Elizabeth Shue? When they're talking about the guy who invented the little plastic thing on the end of shoelaces and how that little thing has a name and that it's name is probably Flugelbinder? No? You don't have the movie memorized the way I do? Odd. Anyway, apparently that little thing is actually called an Aglet. Learn the name of 24 other random things in your life here.
  • Since I know not one, but three, geographers I thought this geography article about finding Osama Bin Laden was a great story.


  
 

Friday Reading Group is a weekly series where I help you procrastinate by offering various links from around the web. Help support the cause - email any good articles, pictures, or videos you find to sanders492[at]yahoo[dot]com with Friday Reading Group in the subject line.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...