Monday, August 13, 2007

When it rains...

Oh man... sigh... I really thought I was doing a great job at juggling the insanity and intensity that life is dishing out right now, and as of tonight it doesn't feel that way anymore. Like most things, it was set off by the smallest thing going wrong: I have nothing to wear to the engagement party and this town (almost literally) has no clothing stores. And it's not a girly meltdown of "I have nothing to wear!" - I really don't. I have a limited budget and a near inability to spend money on myself. Examples - I own 2 pairs of jeans, 3 bras, and 1 pair of shorts that I don't even like anymore. I could go on.

So anyway, all of my very very tightly packed organization plans quickly went to pot once a wrench got thrown into mix. And it's not just the craziness of the double party, there are all other kinds of things going on... I'm planning an incredibly complicated gala for the museum and my boss has been out of town and very ill for 4 weeks, the upstairs apt. is getting renovated and there have been workmen, blown circuits, holes in the ceiling, and a host of other little issues for several weeks now, I've been seeing doctors and trying to get referrals about my back, etc. etc. etc. There is still a ton of cleaning to do, airport pick ups to make, a damn shirt or dress to buy, blah, blah, blah.

And if you know me well enough, you know that I am usually a rock. I don't get stressed or anxious - I just take things as they come, deal with them, and move on. But man... I could use a drink! On an uplifting, focus on the positive, note, here are some pictures. The first is our new hallway decor. Where there once lived a barren hall, there now lives a framed Van Gogh poster that I have been carting around since 1999 all rolled up, 2 wine tables from Michael ($8 each!), and some pretty decorations.


This next pic relates to Feather Nester's baby shower. It's going to be very small, only 8 people, but it will be THE sweetest tea party ever!! I can't give away the cuteness that I have in store by posting too many pictures, but I will show you the fabric I bought for $1/yard. Pink... yellow... tea party cuteness!


And this last one is a blurry picture of the very tiny baby dear that comes into our yard every night at 7pm sharp to eat the crab apples that haven fallen to the ground.


And here was tonight's super yummy, restaurant quality, salmon that B. made. Pan seared salmon with sesame seeds and green onions, topped with a soy sauce and orange juice glaze. Amazing!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some days are like that.

I Love You, DAD

they call me Grace said...

Hey, at least through all this you're eating really well!

I hope you know you are more than welcome to raid my closet. I have a really cute blue dress that might just be perfect!

I'll call you...

xoxo

Ouiser said...

I wouldn't stress. I've never seen you not look cute, so I know you'll be fine. The salmon looks so yum. I am hungry now.

feather nester said...

Crap, that sucks. I'm so sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed and stressed. Can we spend a little time shopping for a regular dress for you along with the wedding dress shopping? I'll help. We'll figure something out.

Anonymous said...

you have sooo much on your plate, add the stress of hammering at the house and there is no down time. I understand and feel for you. Sounds like a few good suggestions for something to ware. See you soon love Mom

Anonymous said...

I know everything will work out. In just a few days you will have two fantastic parties and the stress will be long gone. And I have no doubt you will look fabulous in whatever you wear. I really wish I could be there! Your salmon looks way better than the salmon we had last night! Our grill ran out of gas halfway through.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...