Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy moments in a world of insanity

OK, quick posting while I'm semi-awake enough to do it! We are a brief week away from the gala/annual board meeting weekend insanity, so everyday my brain gets just a little bit mushier. But last night - which feels like a year ago - my mom surprised me by driving up while I was at work and having a whole meal and THREE desserts prepared. THREE! And that was on top of the chicken, stuffing, and homemade applesauce. It was a very, very nice way to come home from work and have a relaxing night where I didn't get sucked into the computer (hello!) or tv.

Then tonight, I came home to this super pretty handbag!! A 30th birthday present from M in Vermont. When I got home from work today, me and the handbag got some quality time as I carefully removed all of the little plastic covers from the tassels. The bag is so special that even it's tassels require protection! Thank you M!


I also came home to this big box!!!

Oh wait... you don't have my wedding registry memorized and automatically know that there is only one thing that could come in a box this big? Weird. Well, I'll tell you that this big box contains a beeeaaauuuuutiful wine cabinet that Feather Nester, Sweet Nothings, and several other friends went in on to give us for a wedding present. I told B that we had to have an easy dinner tonight so he could devote the evening to putting it together :) He's pretty burned out from work himself, though, so it may not happen tonight. Maybe tomorrow night.

I'm kind of dreading the immense amount of work waiting for me tomorrow, but I am SOO happy that it's Friday. A fact that I was totally unaware of until about an hour ago, so spending the evening watching tv and putting a wine cabinet together sounds great!

2 comments:

feather nester said...

Yay! I'm glad it arrived. You'll have to show a pic when it's all put together. And a pic of you enjoying it.

What a yummy dinner your mom made! Sooooo nice of her. I'm jealous; still haven't given in to that brownie craving and it's been a week!

die Frau said...

We're making our own dinner tonight (having a housewarming) but I love the thought of you two enjoying your cabinet. We were so glad we could get it for you. And yes, send pictures. I'm now wanting one myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...