Thursday, October 11, 2007

TGIF & NYC!!!


Some happy little dino toys for your viewing pleasure. Totally scientifically inaccurate, but cute nonetheless. They're part of our new temporary exhibit about dinosaurs as portrayed in popular culture. The logo they created for the exhibit is a Warhol-inspired piece with different colored squares with dinos in them - SO cute!!! Everyone is getting cute Warhol dino stuff for Christmas!

So tomorrow is Friday which is great for two reasons. First of all, it means that it is currently Thursday night and The Office is on in half an hour. Secondly, it means that we go to New York City tomorrow to celebrate my next decade of life! I realized this afternoon that as crazy as it sounds, this is the first time B and I have traveled when it wasn't to see family and wasn't some form of an obligation. Four and a half years together and we are taking our first trip that is just for fun!

I'm sure all of you whose families do not live all over the country have no idea what I'm talking about, but if you are in that situation, then you'll understand why we're in this position. And of course it totally pains me to spend the money on something so "frivolous" but I promised myself that for my 30th birthday I would get over it and blow some money unnecessarily for no reason other than to have fun and celebrate with friends. I looked at our hotel online today and immediately became an heiress: "Cost be damned!! Look at those redone slate floors, that mod architecture in the lobby, only the best for our big weekend!" It's all so exciting!

To celebrate the last day of the work week, let me leave you with a funny email response I got from my Office-loving co-worker when I hit a slump the other day:

I definitely think that 9-3 is a full workday. I once read an article about how people who work obsessively from 9-5 without taking any "me" time die before the slackers at work who do things like research Joan of Arc. People who have curiosities and who spend time researching them lead a fuller life because their knowledge spans subject matter and they have more things to ponder than just work related things. In short, I propose that we all take at least 2 hours daily to research subject matter of personal interest not remotely related to the museum, fossils, Mastodons, whales, climate change, or dinosaurs, and especially not clams or other types of invertebrate sea dwelling creatures. OK, I didn't really read an article like that, but I'm sure it exists.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they really are cute. Have a great weekend with Bryan and the gang, you both deserve it. Here is to your next 30 years :):) love mom

Anonymous said...

Hi You Two,

Have a really nice weekend in NYC and enjoy it all. Love you both, DAD

feather nester said...

Have an AMAZING time! I'm so jealous. The Husband and I haven't had a real vacation since our Honeymoon. Oh, there was the weekned at that ranch, but since we didn't even leave town for that, it doesn't feel quite the same. Party it up for me, too, who will get totally skipped on the 30th birthday celebration this year, given that I will have a six week old baby. On the other hand, what better gift is there than a whole new person? That's a way to start a new decade! We'll do the wild party next year. Hopefully with you! Tell me all about it when you get back. Kisses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...