Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lazy Snow Day

Although you can't really tell from the picture, we got a healthy snow storm today. We're still getting it. We were sent home from work at noon and I took that picture with my cell phone as my friend drove me home. I had some vaguely productive plans in my head for our bonus day off, but I'm sorry to tell you that all I did was catch up on my sleep. I'm going to try to redeem myself by doing a load of laundry and work on wedding stuff. We're headed to the resort area this Saturday to do baker, florist, spa, and tuxedos. Long day, but it'll feel good to make some tangible progress.

Then Sunday (when we're supposed to get another terrible storm) it's baking for my co-workers and menu planning for the holidays. Not only did we get our first tree this year, we're hosting our very first holiday dinner and our first Christmas as home!!! My brother flies in Saturday the 22nd, we grab him and my mom and all go to the Giants v. Bills football game the next day (with ridiculous seats!), and then it's Christmas Eve together at the house and then Christmas morning under the tree! So, so wonderful.

2 comments:

Strongmama said...

The sight of snow makes me wish I were there for a day or two to play in it. I really miss the northeast at holiday time. Enjoy your snow day!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got some sleep :) I talked with mark tonight, it's sooo wonderful and exciting of spending the holidays with you,bryan mark. Mark said he is looking forward to eatting breakfast,having coffee and just being with the family(us), makes a mom sooooo happy, for me life just dosen't get any better than that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...