Thursday, January 24, 2008

More checks on the checklist

  • Cake
  • Honeymoon
  • Wedding day details
Check! Check! Check! Very productive day here in wedding land. The cake was a very fast appointment since we knew exactly what we wanted and even had a picture. We tasted two cupcakes, picked some flavors and fillings and we were finished.

We also picked up maps of Canandaigua from the Chamber of Commerce for the out-of-town bags, and then headed to the resort to work out all the details with the wedding coordinator. I thought the wedding day timeline and details would take a lot longer, but it was actually pretty quick. I guess just because I have five million details in my head and on my to-do list doesn't mean she does!

The only small thing that struck us as a little odd is that they do the cake cutting immediately after the first dance. We couldn't decide if it was weird to cut the cake when no one has even eaten yet, or if it was nice to just do it when everyone is paying attention and not have to worry about it later. I feel like most weddings I've been to, the cake cutting part is always a little odd because no one really cares and it's hard to get people's attention and it breaks up the flow. I don't know... input welcome.


After the meeting, I called the travel agent and finalized the details for the honeymoon, which is a wonderful thing to check off because it was so much to figure out. So we're headed to the Royal West Indies Resort in Turks and Caicos for nine days! It's a small group of islands at the top of the Caribbean island chain. I put some links and details on the wedding website if you're interested. All in all a very productive day, now I need to revisit the big checklist and see what's up next!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of town bags?

Strongmama said...

What are you going to do for the next 5 months now that all of this giant stuff is done? You can't have that many ribbons to tie! I'm so impressed with all of your organization. And the honeymoon looks fabulous!!

feather nester said...

I don't think it will be weird to cut the cake then. I agree with your point that the timing is strange, but I think no one will notice. The cake cutting is really for the bride and groom; other people won't care when you do it.

Congrats on getting so much done. Hope you're starting to feel little better. You are completely on top of things; I promise.

feather nester said...

I don't think it will be weird to cut the cake then. I agree with your point that the timing is strange, but I think no one will notice. The cake cutting is really for the bride and groom; other people won't care when you do it.

Congrats on getting so much done. Hope you're starting to feel little better. You are completely on top of things; I promise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...