Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fat Cat

Dizzy went to the vet yesterday and I'm sorry to tell you that even after a full year on diet food, he's officially fat. She told me that we were feeding him too much (3/4 C per day) and also that some cats just have slower metabolisms - like people! The problem though is that Miles is always begging for food in the morning, to the point that he freaks out around 6am - scratching, crying, bumping my nose, etc. So she told me to keep some food in our nightstand so I can secretly slip it to Miles in the morning. That way he gets some extra food and Dizzy only gets the measured amount.

We're headed to Albany this weekend to see B's family. Hope you all have a good weekend, if you're bored come take down our Christmas tree - I'll leave you a key.

2 comments:

Strongmama said...

Zoe is also fat and Zen's not too far behind her. We only feed her 1/2 cup a day, but she ends up eating all of Zen's food. It's also a vicious cycle of early morning whining. Our vet said to switch to giving them some wet food because it has more protein and less carbs (Atkins for cats, I guess) but wet food is such a pain. But we have to break down because they aren't exercising enough to lose any weight. Have a good trip!

Anonymous said...

I know about big cats. Mine are 18 and 16.5 lbs. Dang. They aren't fat according to the vet, but I see kitty-diabetes on the horizon. They each get between 2/3 and 3/4 of a cup per day, which doesn't seem like much to me...
Good luck with the "sneaking" of food.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...