Monday, March 10, 2008

Huh?

Several times a day for the past week now I've thought to myself "Oh, I should write about that when I do my next post" and then I completely forget everything I was going to say. So, I'm sorry to tell you... I don't have much to tell you.

The wedding rings are in and the dress arrives in 2 weeks, so all is moving forward there. But we honestly haven't done that much wedding stuff lately - the break has been nice, but it also makes me suspicious, like I should run home and check my list.

We had a little mini ice storm this weekend, so we didn't go out much at all. We did make it to the grocery store, which allowed B to cook a very unexpected gourmet meal last night. One of the many, many things I love about B is his constant effort to make even the smallest part of life special whenever he can. So when he said "let's have steak" I was presented with a full meal of sirloin, a salad with homemade dressing, a baked potato, and a full "baked potato toppings bar" complete with home made bacon bits, and a bottle of Merlot. It was THE best way to end the weekend, and not at all surprising - this is what living with him is like.

If we had our camera - which has been at Cannon for months now getting repaired - I would have taken a picture for you. Oh how I miss being able to post pictures! :( Three helpful links that I'll leave you with.
  • "Hillary's New Math Problem". After the losses in Ohio and Texas, I was feeling very very down about Obama and his chances and this article totally lifted my spirits. It's not projections, but a straight-up math analysis as it relates to the delegates and the 2 candidates. And if you're a huge super-nerd like B, you can link to the Delegate Calculator on Slate that B plays with every single night!
  • Recycling Guide - This is a great article that Feather Nester put on her blog a few days ago and it's so interesting I want to make sure everyone reads it. Basically, by recycling things improperly (with caps still on, with food residue still in the jar) you are contaminating entire batches of recycling and as a result, they get thrown out instead. Very interesting - go read it!
  • CPSC Recalls - This is something my coworker (who has a toddler) just told me about. You sign up to be on the Consumer Product Safety Commission recall list and you'll get an email whenever there is a recall. He said it was extremely helpful with the toddler toys, but has also been helpful with everyday items like small appliances and such. They don't spam you, they only send out an email when there is a recall
OK, I think that's all for now! I'm off to pilates.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...