Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Counting down

Sorry! I'm catching all kinds of flack from my two co-workers, Billy and Ithaca Chick, for being such a terrible blogger lately. Didn't I already warn everyone that the updates will get farther apart as the wedding approaches?

I realized yesterday as I was signing up for a tanning package how freaking close the big day is!! I went to buy the three month package and realized that that one would have allowed me a full month of tanning after the wedding. Ahhh!!

"Do you want to be bronzed or do you want sun protection?" the little tanning gal asked me. "Uh, I just want to take the shine off - I have no desire to be a bronzed goddess." So we can add one more thing to the already ridiculous schedule. The schedule that has to be accomplished with only one car between us, may I remind you.

Anyway, enough complaining. B has been hard at work on the beautiful centerpieces. We went to Binghamton Saturday so he and my cousin could turn 3 8' pieces of fir into 20 lovely centerpiece bases. Cousin A has all kinds of fun tools and plenty of talent to boot, so he was able to make them look very professional. But then came all of the sanding, staining, and polyurethane-ing, which has been taking place in the garage every night. They look so good I fear my aunt is correct that people are going to run off with them at the end of the night. If you're reading this - don't do that! They're already slated for the bridal party, parents, grandparents, etc.

We also took a trip to the outlets on Sunday, though I'm sorry to say it wasn't that successful. I'm still without a dress for the bridal shower in two weeks. I did, however, get a beautiful dress for the Friday night welcome party and a great beachy dress for the honeymoon. I decided a few weeks ago that I don't own enough green (and aren't redheads supposed to wear green?), so the kelly green beach dress kicked off the new decision. It's so pretty!

OK, that's it for me. I'll try to be better with the updates!

4 comments:

feather nester said...

I feel your dress pain. I don't yet have a dress for your shower either! :(

Billy said...

I had a thought for your center piece worries...You should include a note card on the table that explains the center piece what it is, and who gets it and why...For example: Brian and xxx spent several hours designing and creating this, xxx. At the end of the night we are giving this to our beloved Aunt Millie as a thank you for her love , support, and guidance. Or something like that. Give it a good story so people won't steal it...Because, you know they will.

Anonymous said...

love Billy idea, you say ha another thing to add to the list :):) I soo know all you dress problems.

die Frau said...

Yes, Billy's idea is fantastic.

Dresses...what are you looking for? I'm a huge fan of Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft, although the dress for my rehearsal dinner (don't know if you remember it: Navy blue with roses on the bottom) I found at a little independently owned store. Do they have those around you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...