Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Loving our wedding website

I have to tell you - online RSVP ROCKS!! If you haven't gone through the wedding process and think you will be one day, I highly encourage you to sign up for a website through Wedding Window and use the many great features, including online RSVP! I love it!!

We've already had half of our invitees respond and we only sent out the invites a week ago! Luckily, both of our grandmothers are web-savvy, so that helped. And for the 5 great aunts and uncles who aren't, we made homemade post cards printed on the computer that they could use. Seriously, I can't say enough good things about it. I hope our wedding guests use the rest of the website - like the local attractions - to plan their wedding weekend.

It's a long week this week... and it's only Wednesday morning. I think as the wedding continues to get closer and the weekends get busier, this might just be the frantic pace that life will stay at for a while. We have a 3 day wedding weekend in PA this weekend, my brother flies in for another wedding next weekend, then the weekend after that we're headed to Albany for a bridal shower and a dress fitting. See how nuts it is?

B is getting quite a fair amount of golf time in though, as all the weddings and trips home give him the opportunity to golf. And with three new clubs since last season, he's quite a happy man.


Future Poll Alert: As I was reading Eat, Pray, Love last night (a travel memoir), the author was talking about the concept that every city has one word that describes the heartbeat of the city. Ex: New York City = ACHIEVE. It made me wonder what one word people would use to describe themselves. I already have my word, but I won't tell you just yet. In the meantime, think about what your word would be. The word that underscores your life and actions and convictions. Is it Love? Fear? Sex? Escape? Communication? Try? Protect? Success? Simplicity? I'll put up the actual poll on Friday, but I wanted to give you some time to mull it over.

3 comments:

Billy said...

Interesting concept. I think the word that describes me would be a shock to most...Billy=Uncertain.

It's true what they say about the tears of a clown...I mask lots of things very well. I'm painfully shy and you wouldn't know it, I'm always scared of new things, you have no idea how much time I spend praying, and I have an over whelming need to be loved/liked by others.

How strange it is that I am not afraid, or uncertain to leave this here. For you and all those out in the dark to read...

die Frau said...

I think the word for my town would be either FOOD or UNDERDOG. Yes, I like the latter. I say food because we have a ton of restaurants, countless pizza joints, and fame for chicken wings. We also have the highest rate of diabetes and heart disease in the country. Coincidence?

I say underdog because of our sports teams (four Superbowls, no wins; various Stanley cup playoffs, ditto) and our under appreciated waterfront, art museum, proximity to Toronto, natural wonder, and quality of life for little money. Our city rocks! And we all know it! (or we move away...but many return!)

Anonymous said...

BTW - I LOVED Eat, Pray, Love. It's a fantastic book. Enjoy it! I'll think some on my word and get back to you. ~Alice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...