Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother’s Day

Especially to my own wonderful mother and to B’s sweet mother, but also to the rest of the moms I know. I had a realization yesterday that I’m finally of an age where I know more mothers than just my own! I was on the couch reminding myself to call our moms and reminding myself of what we got them and then I read Feather Nester’s post and though “Crap! Feather Nester is a mom now! And Ouiser is a mom! And Toddler Tamer is a mom! Man… this is more complicated of a holiday than it used to be.”

So to ALL of the moms I know – Happy Mother’s Day!!

In honor of all the moms I forgot about and who have no cards waiting for them, here are some quotes that struck me as touching or funny...


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh


All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895


When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty


Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone


It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.
~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the call and the quotes. love M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...