Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tip of the Day

Want to know how to gain endless amusement from my fiancée? Speak in unnecessary abbreviations like all of the twenty-somethings in my office.


“Are we going to Wegmans after work today?”
“Yeah…Whatev.”
Deep glare, followed by “BABY!”
Then continue to taunt him by saying…
“I mean, really, what kind of a question is that ‘Are we going to Wegmans?’ Obvi!”
Fiancée’s eyes bulge out and start to bleed

Seriously, it’s a great game; I encourage you to try it.

3 comments:

die Frau said...

Ooh, I can totally picture that and it makes me giggle.

Want to drive him even crazier? Not even "whatev": 'Tevs.

"Want to go to the movies?"
"'Tevs, dude. 'Tevs."

My sisters since they were little have always "abbrieved ev". But it's endearing when they do it, mostly.

Like the office kids are too lazy to spit out the whole word. Like my students who write "gonna" in their essay responses....

Anonymous said...

so, its totally not obvi- it's obvs! At least that's the way Perez says it. I also like Brills for Brilliant!

feather nester said...

Wow, I remember when we all said Tevs at the 'Gate. So obnoxious. Die Frau, I wonder if your students are so much being lazy with the "gonna" or if they actually think that's a work. He he.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...