Monday, July 7, 2008

No Job - Day 1


We're back from a lovely weekend in Albany - too short of a visit, but one of us had a job to get back to. The other of us had to figure out what you're supposed to do with yourself when you're a housewife. I woke up with an intense desire to have a big conference call with Ouiser, Feather Nester, & Toddler Tamer: "OK, what are you doing right now?? Do you nap throughout the day because nothing has ever dampened my desire to take naps, so I feel like I can fit those in now. And what's your ratio of inside of the house vs. outside of the house activities?"


But then I realized that they all have kids and most likely don't have all of this extra time to over analyze their days the way that I do, and also have no problem filling the days, so I left them alone. Well... I left Ouiser & Toddler Tamer alone and called just Feather Nester.

The funny thing is that I have tons to do, it's just that it's a weird feeling to still be in your house at noon. So I'm going to go get started...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that picture of you and b- post honeymoon? If so, we need to talk...You can use SPF 50, not burn, and get some semblance of color. I know you can. Seriously, you spent what 10 days in the Islands and you're still white. As a MO I just can't relate to that. We have spent years figuring out how to tan and not wrinkle. Trust me, its hard, but it can be done...

Strongmama said...

I know that I felt really funny not having a job for those first few weeks after I moved here and before J was born. I felt like there should have been things I was supposed to be doing, but nothing was really imperative. I'm sure you'll find some good projects, but I know it does feel a little strange at first. I still nap once in a while when J is, but that's usually when I blog or do some cleaning up. I would definitely not feel guilty about the napping at all though. And feel free to call if you get stuck for something to do!

die Frau said...

Yeah, that's what happens to me in the summer. I cook a lot and organize because I finally have the time! And yes, call me, too! I'm around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...