Tuesday, July 8, 2008

That's the only reason he's mad at you?

Overheard in Barnes & Noble while waiting for my small low-fat chai:

1st Barista – What ever happened to your hottie?
2nd Barista – Um… the hottie is kind of mad at me right now.
1st Barista – What?! Why? What happened?
2nd Barista (sounding totally baffled and annoyed) – Well, he’s all up in arms because I might be “with child.” Plus, he thinks it’s weird that I’m still living with my ex-boyfriend. But, uh, hello! What else am I supposed to do, just move out and find a new apartment? I don’t have a car.

I can only assume that the person she’s living with is the father of her possible baby. Also, I’m really loving the fact that she may or may not be “with child” and that she’s chatting about it at work… in public. Totally made my day. Maybe not having a job and being out with the public more will yield more of these gems. I certainly hope so.

2 Post Scripts:
1) I really will write about the wedding/honeymoon soon
2) Why the hell did Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban name their daughter Sunday??

3 comments:

Strongmama said...

Thank you! And she was born on a Monday for goodness sakes. That child is always going to be asked if she was born on a Sunday and she'll always have to say no. I went to school with a girl named January. She was born in August. Go figure.

die Frau said...

SUNDAY? Oh, good Lord. Why do these parents think because they're famous they can name their kids wonky names and the kids won't be screwed up? Apple? Coco? Moxie Crimefighter (Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller's daughter)? At least Ben and Jennifer Affleck-Garner chose Violet.

Your overheard conversation makes me realize I haven't checked Overheard in NY in quite a while.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally laughing at this post because my favorite Aunt's name is Sunday. In Italian it's "Domenica" which is her actual name, but everyone in my family calls her Sunday. I was so confused as a child that I occasionally called her "Aunt Tomorrow."

As for this poor Starbuck's girl...oye vey. I'm so oversensitive to this kind of thing. If only Planned Parenthood could wrap their loving arms around every young woman to help them through their relationship woes. Also, when did "with child" come back?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...