Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Desperately Trying to be Interesting

I've been sitting here forever with an overheating laptop on my... lap, ironically enough... trying to think of something to post. And I actually have the desire and time to write you something worth reading, but I just have nothing. I've been thinking back over the last week trying to come up with a funny anecdote or a story or an overheard comment, something, anything, but I've got nothing. Sorry kids.

One of my favorite blogs, How About Orange, has a great section of her website entitled Time Wasters. It's wonderful in it's ability to leech away vast amounts of time you could have spent doing something productive. Or at the very least, doing something not horribly useless. So if you're looking for a little pick-me-up on this hump day, distract yourself with these.


Dots - Literally THE biggest waste of time ever and one day I got sucked in for an absolutely embarrassing amount of time.

Real or Fake? - Take a BBC quiz on whether or not you can spot a fake smile vs. a genuine one. I only scored 12 out of 20.

Corporate Domination - Take this quiz to see how good your knowledge of corporate logos is.

Simpsonize Yourself - I'm not a Simpsons fan myself, but I know a lot of people are, so enjoy.


Please pass my apologies on to your boss, if it becomes necessary.

4 comments:

Strongmama said...

ooh! I did the smile one and got 17 out of 20. All in the eyes. I tried the logo one and quit after about 38 seconds.

feather nester said...

I got 16 out of 20. I agree, it's the eyes.

Ouiser said...

for the record, i find you very interesting. don't try too hard, or i might start thinking you just, well, try too hard.

die Frau said...

19 out of 20 and the one I really wanted to see again ended up being my -1. It is all in the eyes.

I agree with Ouiser: You are interesting and you're doing this for yourself. Don't try too hard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...