Thursday, September 11, 2008

My 2nd husband is Wicked Smaht

When it comes to speaking about politics, I'm shockingly ineloquent. Every time we're in the car, B and I are listening to political radio, and every night from 8-10 we watch Keith Olberman and then Rachel Maddow on MSNBC. So I have a lot of political intellect in my head, but it farts and stumbles when I try to make it come out of my mouth. I'm usually pretty good with words, so it's a rare phenomenon for me.

Tonight Sarah Palin is giving her first interview to the press... kind of. According to the journalists, she has not only been sequestered from all media personnel, but when given access (like tonight), they have been given all kinds of criteria as to what they can or can not ask her in order for the interview to actually happen. It's yet another example of what the Republican candidates this election have turned this into - the campaign of distraction and PR. It makes me sick. And it makes me furious that the supporters of their own party are not calling for a more ethical and issues driven election. If I were a Republican, I would be furious right now.

And maybe if you aren't as up on the political ads and lies as we are, you don't realize what trash they're putting out there, but here's an example: Several years ago in Illinois there was a bill put forth NOT by Obama, that did NOT pass, that was aimed to teach kindergartners how to recognize child predators and what to do if they were approached. The ad running right now says that "Obama put forth a bill to teach comprehensive sex education to kindergartners. They don't know how to read yet, but he wants to teach them about the details of sexual education. Wrong for them, wrong for America." What?!

Anyway, I ran across this interview that Matt Damon gave to CBS News regarding his feelings for Sarah Palin and I thought it was spot on. I especially like the part at the end about the dinosaurs and the books because she is guilty of both, according to various sources.


2 comments:

Ouiser said...

i've honestly never been so attracted to matt damon.

feather nester said...

Well, I can answer Matt's questions right now. So, you know, when he reads your blog, he'll at least have that taken care of. The answers are no and yes. But I think he already knew that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...