Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nothin' Doin'

Hi readers. I don't have anything good to write about today, but I felt bad for not posting yesterday. I didn't do anything since I was recovering from a cold. A shower and a pedicure were my huge accomplishments, and even those didn't happen until about 4:30pm.

We're hoping today is the day for news with B's job because they said we'd hear "Friday or Monday." Truthfully, things have been at kind of a stand still lately, so I'm attempting to get them kick started again today. I took a hard look around and realized how much more there still is to pack, despite what we have done already. And do you know that for the moving company quote they want an exact count of how many boxes, and what size, we'll end up having?!?? How would that ever be possible to estimate properly?! So, we'll see how that goes.

I'll make every attempt to be interesting today so I can write about it tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your movers really should come out and estimate that for you. How the crap are you supposed to know??

You may also be able to find some kind of online calculator based on the size of your house.

Good luck, and let us know when you hear.

Strongmama said...

Are you guys packing everything yourselves or having the movers do it for you? If you're doing it yourself, you want to get a specific type of contract that does not allow them to charge you more after the fact if they find out your stuff weighs more than they thought it did. We got this type of contract and it turned out that we went over by about 2000 pounds! (lots of dental books) and there was nothing they could do about it. I'll find out from B and let you know what this was called. Oh and after the fact we found out that having the movers pack for us wasn't as expensive was we thought it would be and it would have saved us a lot of time and stress, so you might want to get an estimate just for giggles.

Strongmama said...

Yeah, so I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about (not the first time that has happened). B says that he had most of our boxes packed before he had our estimate done. Once the estimate is done, the person that comes the day of the move can object to the estimate once everything is packed, but once they begin moving the stuff on the truck, they cannot object. And that's how we got away with 2000 pounds extra. I know that sounds like a lot, but you'd be surprised at how much your whole life weighs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...