Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"A Little Too Awesome"

This isn’t a very timely post since the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner happened two weeks ago, but all the computer issues put me behind. Additionally, I'm very behind in my online grant writing class due to some logistical problems, so posting might be a little light over the next few weeks.

Anyhow, I thought you should see the full footage of Obama’s hysterical speech at the dinner. Each of the candidates made satirical speeches (as is the tradition) taking jabs at themselves as well as their opponent. And while it’s clear the material was written for them, it’s so good that it’s forgivable. To really enjoy it though, you have to watch all ten minutes. Be sure to listen for my favorite part – strengths and weaknesses.

Given McCain’s anger problem and general demeanor, his laughs look a little forced, but he’s losing pretty dramatically lately, so I can’t blame him for not having a big sense of humor about the whole election. I heard that his speech was pretty good too, but I’ve only seen clips of it.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...