Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Ravioli with Gorgonzola Sauce and Toasted Hazelnuts


Despite the fact that the last round of homemade raviolis caused me some grief, they taste so good that I was determined to try again. Last Friday I tackled pumpkin ravioli (much to B’s suspicion) and I think I have it figured out! I think I’ve finally perfected the whole technique and could even make enough of them for 4 people without running screaming from the kitchen. I took the advice I found online that they freeze great and froze about half of them, so we’ll be able to have an amazing meal soon without any prep work.

Despite his extreme hesitations about pumpkin ravioli, B actually loved them and declared the Gorgonzola sauce “the best thing you’ve ever made.” Although I think it’s a little overly generous of him to bestow such a compliment for a sauce that required nothing more the stirring. I think it was really the butter and the cheese that did the heavy lifting. I got so excited about perfecting my technique though that I forgot about side dishes. So when B asked me what else we were having with the ravioli I replied “uh… the sauce and the hazelnuts?” Oops.
-------------------
On another note, I'm getting closer to having a computer again. The computer center was able to recover some of the files off the dead laptop and we ordered our first computer from Dell last night. We've been using B's work laptops for three years now, so it was about time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...