It was a pretty low-key weekend around here. B hurt his foot working out and is hobbling around on crutches, so between that and my back, nothing that required movement got accomplished - no garbage or recycling out, no boxes of Salvation Army crap hauled to the garage, even getting the groceries in from the car was a task. I'm anxiously awaiting a gift basket for "all of our continued and loyal business" from the physical therapist's office soon.
We capped the weekend off by watching the Grammys last night, which was a little bit strange as I'm not that in touch with current music and there was a lot of this: "BOYZ II MEN have an album out?!!! WHAT? As in 'Motown Philly' - that Boyz II Men??" So in addition to being reminded of how woefully out of touch I am, I learned a few other things as well:
- After all these years and the impending "comeback" album, Whitney Houston still can't speak in public without sounding like she's on something.
- Between all of the young, blond, semi-country singers (Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Kelly Pickler, etc.), I can't keep track of who was on American Idol, who sings what, who may have come from Disney, etc.
- Until seeing the interview on 60 Minutes an hour before the show, I had seriously underestimated how hot Chris Martin of Coldplay is.
- I still have yet to hear a Jonas Brothers song - the only part of their performance I caught was them singing Superstition with Stevie Wonder. (As I'm partial to the Tar Beach version, it didn't count)
- Somehow Kid Rock continues to pull the collective wool over people's eyes and convinces them that he's worthy of performing at the Grammys or receiving them.
- And in a piece of wisdom that will come in handy next summer, I learned that you can be 9 months pregnant and still look so disturbing that you'll want to make bystanders cry.