Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Vaccination Link

As you get closer to parenthood you realize that there are vast discussions about things there never used to be discussions about. Things like circumcision and vaccinations are being thought about in new ways and many people (especially with the issue of circumcision) are making different decisions than they did in the past.

One of the blogs I read regularly, Dooce, just wrote a very articulate take on the recent vaccination problem and the new issues that are arising as a result of parents who are not vaccinating their children. If this is the first you've heard of this issue, the post may raise more questions than anything else, but it's interesting nonetheless.

2 comments:

feather nester said...

Don't even get me started on this one. I have very firm beliefs, based in *extensive* education on the subject, that we should vaccinate as many children as possible. I think people who do otherwise are led to that decision by fear and ignorance.

And the FACT is that vaccinations do not cause autism, never have. I can back that up if anyone's interested.

I DO however completely understand and support those who use a modified vaccination schedule. I didn't, and my daughter has never seemed to suffer from that, but I get why others would and there is no harm in it to anyone.

feather nester said...

BTW, sorry I was so hot-headed about this! Must have been an emotional day. :)

Hope I didn't scare away other potential commenters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...