Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pet Peeve

There are two pronunciations in the English language that make the hair on the back of my neck stand up in annoyance when I hear them. I have no idea how they evolved, but everyone needs to STOP IT!

1) "Yoo-man" or "Yoo-ge" instead of Human or Huge. I don't care if the dictionary lists it as an alternative pronunciation, it's not. Trust me on this. You sound stupid and like you're jealous of all the other languages that have silent first letters.

2) "Draw." Oh, you mean DRAWER? Like the things that are in dressers? Most usually heard on people who drop no other "Rs" at the ends of words and are not from Boston. Makes. Me. Insane!

1 comment:

die Frau said...

"Libary". CAN'T STAND IT. I also dislike "yooge" and "yoo-man"--your commentary gave me a laugh. What the hell, man? There's NO Y THERE. It's HYOO-man. Don't drop the H!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...