Thursday, May 19, 2011

A week of dinner ideas

I put together a list of what our dinners are going to be for the next week and did the shopping the other day, so I thought I'd pass on our list in case you need some food help this week:


Pulled chicken sandwiches and coleslaw
I don't have a specific recipe, just going to grab one off the internet. We have hamburger buns to use up, so I thought this would be a good way to do it.

Tofu Stir Fry
I used to buy all of the vegetables fresh and then cut them up until I learned that they sell frozen Asian vegetables specifically for this purpose. My whole kitchen life changed that day. Now I just buy a can of water chestnuts and sometimes pineapple to add in.

Chicken Quesadillas
We've never actually made these for a dinner before, but I needed something that could use up the chicken from the next recipe.

Easy Chicken Pot Pie with puffed pastry topper
Again, I've never made this, but it seems really easy so I'm just going to Google something.

Spaghetti
Despite all the Italian heritage in the house, we actually never have spaghetti for dinner because I can't handle a dinner of all carbs thanks to the blood sugar issues. But B is making homemade sauce this weekend, so I'm making an exception.

Meatball Subs
Again, because of the homemade sauce and meatballs coming our way, this seemed like a no brainer.

Pierogies
Oh good god, I would eat these every single night if I could. This is a total treat and I try to keep it to about once or twice a month. I buy the potato and cheddar kind in the freezer section, cook them with an entire onion and lots of butter.

Turkey Burgers
We had turkey burgers last week when my dad was here and had two left over, so we put them in the freezer, uncooked, and will just defrost and grill. Side dish will either be vegetables or fries, depending on how the day is going.





    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...