Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Reading Group


The flower pic is a combination of wishful thinking and denial. It's been raining for a week here and I'm learning that my child is not the kind who can be content inside for a week. I tried to take her out for a quick walk yesterday only to have it pour a half a block into the walk. We turned around, started jogging back, cut through our neighbors lawn because there's no sidewalk, hit the newly created trench they had dug between their lawn and their driveway with the stroller wheels and sent the child perpendicular.

Luckily she was strapped in and I was able to throw my hand in front of her face in case it met pavement, but my shin was the collateral damage from the incident. So yesterday's attempt was a fairly big fail. We have a few outings planned for today and a day trip this weekend, so I'm hoping that will restore sanity. If not, there's always wine.


  • I love this trend. It's always great when something that was really masculine and destructive gets a witty feminine twist.
  • This new show about parenthood looks like it has the potential to be really funny. Plus, those two actors are comic gold, so I have high hopes.



Friday Reading Group is a weekly series where I help you procrastinate by offering various links from around the web. Help support the cause - email any good articles, pictures, or videos you find to sanders492[at]yahoo[dot]com with Friday Reading Group in the subject line.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...