Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Broken Moon




Driving home after it was dark, Charlotte in the back seat.


"Mommy, moon b'oken"
"Huh? The moon is broken?"
"Yeah, moon b'oken"
"Oh!! (much laughter) Because it's only a half moon?"
"Yeah, b'oken off in pieces... fall to the g'ound"
"Oh really?
"Daddy fix it.... get a ladder... fix the moon... moon b'oken."



One of the best parts about toddlers is watching their brains work. I don't even know how she knows what a ladder is as we don't own one. Our life together has changed drastically since she became so verbal, and only in the absolute best ways possible. I love her so much that I frequently (and irrationally) believe that no other parent in the history of time could have ever loved their child quiiiite as much as I do. Luckily I know that I'm wrong.


 

6 comments:

Giants fan said...

I still think no one came love there kids as much as I love u two. :) Now I add my grand kids

Wonderland said...

Love this so much.

Anonymous said...

somewhere in here is a lovely children's bedtime story just begging to be written...

Sarah Berry said...

Anonymous, I thought the very same thing! I think I'm really gonna do it.

die Frau said...

You should! What a dear little conversation.

Giants fan said...

you are just the person to do it. you wanted to write a book when you were 4 or 5.It would be a wonderful story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...