Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Garden Progress

The mini-garden has been coming along nicely so I thought I'd show you how everything looks. Here is a shot of the overall garden (this is what it looked like just two months ago!). We just staked the brandywine tomato plant because it got so tall (on the left), and we put a little growing cage around the sugary tomato plant because it's very wiry and needed lots of tying up. The onions are growing oddly (details below) and the tomatillo (on the far right) has turned into a full on tree, though no tomatoes just yet.



Apparently there were actually four onion plants in that one little plastic container because we have four onions. I'm not sure why they're so far above the surface, but I spoke to a much more seasoned gardener and he told me to just leave them alone, so I will.

Here are the super cute and tiny sugary tomatoes! They only showed their face in the last week or so.

And here is the very large banana pepper. We were waiting for it to turn from light green to yellow before we actually picked it. Uh... not that I would even know how to use it in a dish once I pick it, but we'll deal with that later. Any chance that you guys have a recipe that calls for a banana pepper???


Miles says "If you refuse to unpack from your trip, then I'm just going to sleep in your suitcase!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to thin out onions when they get that way and replant them with more space. Then they'll keep growing to be big, beautiful onions. Though I would get a second opinion from a gardener more skilled than me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...