Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Life on the Homestead

Now that October has arrived, I've seen some very small signs that life may return to it's normal pace for a while. We made the best dinner last night! It was one of those "what the heck can we make with our very limited ingredients?" nights. So I made a fancy grilled cheese sandwich with sourdough bakery bread, smoked Gouda, and a little shake of basil. Oh. My. Gosh!! Amazing! Totally heavenly! Go try it!

The other thing that's amazing? The power of zinc. B came home from work a few days ago feeling crappy, and then I woke up in the morning feeling pretty bad myself. But three doses of zinc and vitamin C throughout the day for a few days and I'm feeling great. Unfortunately for B, he was too far gone for the vitamin dosing to be of much help, but he's still trying.

As for the other super intriguing news of the week - we took out the recycling. Now, the recycling has totally been our dirty little secret for months now. We've been religiously saving and separating all of the recycling, but they only come every two weeks, we could never figure out when it was, and then they didn't take it because we separated improperly. And then there were all the many, many weeks that we just forgot. So today on the drive home we noticed that our neighbors had their recycling out, so we went for it. FOURTEEN boxes of recycling!! Notice my thank you note to the recycling people :)

In other news, physical therapy is going well and I'm doing my exercises every night. As for the upcoming weekend, we are actually HERE!! But don't tell, because I'm not sure I actually want to see anyone. There are some cute fall festivals around here this weekend, so I think B and I are going to have some quiet some and enjoy the apples and pumpkins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As bad as it was I bet your both happy it is done, I'm sure the recyclers loved the thank you note,

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the physicial therapy is going well. Maybe you should check out the iron kettle for carmel apples, hay rides and the pumpkin patch. I want to go that way on monday, if all is well to come spend the night. love mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...