Saturday, January 12, 2008

Too many choices!

More wedding stuff today. As I mentioned the other day, I feel as though the wedding walls are closing in. I have to keep reminding myself that the order of the months goes: January, February, March and not: January, June, July. That's what it feels like.

The two things that have been far more complicated than I anticipated are the invitations and the honeymoon. Picking the invitations was basically instantaneous when I opened the photo-invitation catalogue I ordered - everything after has been so annoying. After settling all the other stuff (far too boring to launch into) I tackled the big nemesis today - lettering. Do you have ANY idea how many damn fonts there are to choose from!!???!! And do you have any idea how little I care? But even though you think you don't care that much, when faced with what feels like thousands of options, you start to care because it's the only way to narrow all of that down and make a decision. It's like the flatware all over again (and didn't I say that about something else wedding-related recently? I can't remember what it was).


So, the invitations are basically done and now I just have to mail them in. As for the honeymoon, much like the fonts, do you KNOW how many Caribbean islands there are!!???!! And do you KNOW how many resorts are located on each of those islands?! Lord help me, it's ridiculous. We went to Sandals Jamaica a few years ago and it was totally amazing, but we didn't want to go to another Sandals because we felt like we would get there are and have a "been there, done that" feeling. But again, once you open yourself up to so many options, you start to lose your mind. And B and I have been taking turns on the honeymoon research, but I think we're getting close.

I spoke with a AAA travel agent and she sent me a link of all the resorts she could get discounted bookings at, organized by island. And then last night on the travel channel was a show called "Top 10 Caribbean Resorts." The show didn't help much in the way of specific resorts since our budget is slightly under $1600/night, but it provided helpful island information. Earlier this morning I emailed her asking about one resort on St. Martin and one on Turks & Caicos, so we'll see what pans out.

In other riveting news, B got his very first spa massage today! I bought him a gift certificate over a year ago that he just used today. Not surprisingly the woman told him that he was "a rock" and needed to stretch and relax more. But he got the full robe/slippers/tea room/sauna/steam room experience and loved it. I think it was a good experience for him to feel what real relaxation feels like since he doesn't even get hints of it in his daily life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...