Monday, February 25, 2008

Preview

Here's a little rough centerpiece preview for you. I decided a while ago that having flowers as a centerpiece was a waste of money, especially for a destination wedding when no one can take them home anyway, so we're doing photos. We have some fun photos and we've been some fun places, so it seemed like a good idea.

We went to Lowes yesterday to buy some supplies for a mock-up - wood, stain, cut glass, etc. - and this is what we came up with. My cousin will be making the real ones, but we wanted to see what it would look like. The only difference is that this photo doesn't have a label inside the glass, under the photo. For example: "Jamaica Table". Although, ironically, the only photos we have from Jamaica involve me in a bikini and that seems a little wedding inappropriate, so I don't think there will be an actual Jamaica table!

On a separate note, I'm trying to break Miles of a great new habit he's developed and as a result I got zero sleep last night. The vet told us that since Dizzy needs to lose weight but since Miles wants more food we can't leave food out, but what I can do is to keep a little food in my nightstand and slip some to Miles in the morning or late at night when he's hungry. Well, he's working the system! He's been waking me up every few hours to eat for about a week now and clearly that has to stop.

But he is stubborn. Locking him out of the room just leads to 2 hours of crying and scratching, etc. - thus the sleep deprivation. But there's no other way to break the habit other than to stay strong, so I'm hoping that after a few nights he'll learn what begging can and can't get him. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

die Frau said...

Gorgeous centerpieces! We got a great deal on our flowers, and yes, people took them home. That, and if you have an amazing array of pictures like you and B. have, why not show them off?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...