Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Still Cold

Came home from work yesterday - still no heat. We reset the heater again, but couldn't get ahold of the heating guy or our landlord. This morning it's gone from 57 degrees to 61 degrees, so that's been a pleasant change. Last night we sat in scarves and hats under several layers of blankets. And let me remind you that it's still in the single digits with vicious wind here. B did some investigating last night and thinks the pump in broken. Too bad B's dad doesn't live closer - he could tell us exactly what's wrong.

In other news, I tried Tae Bo on Sunday. Thanks to Feather Nester's brilliant suggestion, I utilized Exercise TV on Demand (free) in order to add some cardio workouts to my pilates schedule. First of all, those people seriously must be on crack or at least ephedrine. Holy Crap!! What is wrong with them!?? Overlooking the cracked-up instruction, Tae Bo is not for me. Or more specifically, not for my back. It's just too fast with too much twisting and fast turning for my spine to be able to handle it. So it's back to Cardio Dance for me. I'll try some other programs on the channel and see how it goes.

This has been an interesting process though, it's really the first time in my life I've ever worked out. I grew up as a gymnast and then did dance after college, but that was working out by accident. I'm happy to report that for the first time I have actual muscles!! Arms and stomach. Right now you still have to be in dim lighting to see them, but they're there!

5 comments:

Ouiser said...

this has a little bit cracked me up. i think you have to be in dim lighting not to see my pudgy whiteness. i love the thought of having muscles again, but i seriously lack the self-motivation. maybe someday i'll live near friends who will inspire me:)

Anonymous said...

My sister (the dance nazi that she is) thinks Tai Bao is the worst exercise ever invented. She says it puts undo stress on your joints and tendons doing all that jerky movement. She doesn't think they place enough emphasis on form which puts you at greater risk for hurting yourself. Go figure! I'm obsessed with spinning these day. Really intense, low impact, and way fun if you get the right instructor!

die Frau said...

Well, I blogged already about my Exercise on Demand with Billy Blanks and his uber-intense daughter. I love EdD--and I think I also wrote about the time I tried to do cardio dance and realized I did not quite have the coordination for it. I am making some progress myself: Pants that were tight now fit gain. Not sure about muscles yet, but I do pilates moves for my legs, so let's hope they get all shapely.

It's also pretty freezing here--I know all the kids prayed for a snow day, but we didn't get one. I'm not surprised. Good luck with the heat! We had to do that in our old apt in our drafty bedroom: flannel sheets, a blanket, THREE duvets, AND a sleeping bag. I feel your pain!

die Frau said...

That was EoD (exercise on demand)

Strongmama said...

I have to laugh at die frau. I thought EdD was exercise deficiency disorder, which I often get from time to time :)Hope you can stay warm! i won't tell you the temp here today...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...