Monday, April 21, 2008

"Desiny"

What the heck is "Desiny," you ask? We'll get to that later. First some pictures from the 70s Disco party we went to this weekend in Rochester...



B says "I can get you into this '73 Oldsmobile for nothin' little lady!"


Have you ever in your life seen skin that pale??


We had the most wonderful, relaxing weekend in Rochester with D & Z. It was Z's birthday on Saturday night, so we went to a fundraiser called Ugly Disco. Most of the girls there clearly had decade confusion as they were all in white go-go boots, printed mini dresses, and wide headbands. And if you forget your Austin Powers trivia, that was the 60s, not the 70s.

Then on Sunday we did what can only be described as the world's best activity - we sat on patio furniture in their back yard and just visited and grilled for most of the day. Heaven! It was such a rejuvenating day and we really needed it to refuel.

On a separate note, we picked up our wedding rings today. And although it made our savings account sad, it initially made us very excited. That is, until I realized there was a spelling error on my ring. A SPELLING ERROR engraved in platinum!! What the hell?!!

The engraving we chose was supposed to read "Destiny Love Laughter 6.21.08" We thought it really summed up how we feel about each other and what's important to us. B's ring looked great, but after staring at my tiny letters for a while, I realized that there was a problem. So tomorrow morning they go back to be fixed. Sigh...

Lots of cleaning this week as we get ready for a packed house on Friday - 5 gals! All in preparation for Saturday's bridal shower and bachelorette party. B is headed home to Albany to play 36 holes, so he'll be in man-Heaven.

5 comments:

Sarah and Media said...

I personally think it was fate that there was a mis-spell because 'Desiny Love Laughter' is how I feel about you - maybe we were meant to get married?

Billy said...

I honestly say keep it...That is a conversation opener if I ever heard one. I love those moments, it's what makes me funny and entertaining at parties. Have I told you the story about the 15 deaf MO's I met at a bar at the beach????? Ask sometime.

Anyway, I love the idea that their is a flaw, that it's not perfect. That's what love and marriage is all about, loving in spite of the flaws. Just my thought. I would totally understand about getting it fixed. After you spend that kind of money to not have it done right...KABOOM!

Strongmama said...

At least you caught it early enough so that they can do something about it. Similar experience with my wedding invitations-- they all came back with my last named spelled with an l instead of an i the first time. The lady tried to blame it on me, but couldn't when she looked back on the invoice.

I love B's gold shirt. Klassy...

Ouiser said...

One: the fact that Strongmama said "klassy" with a "k" has cracked me up. Laughing out loud cracked up.

Two: I have in fact seen skin much paler. Mine. Rest assured, we can buy stock in sunscreen together someday.

die Frau said...

Oh, please. :-) First of all, your skin is pearly and radiant, like Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge. Second, I think you, Ouiser, and I could all be posted in a lighthouse at night and the ships would never hit the shore, thanks to the blinding whiteness of all of us.

Glad you're getting the rings fixed but yes, what a story to tell. Remember in "The Wonder Years" when Kevin got the "Kevin Amold" bracelet because his cursive R and N ran together?

You are so damned sassy in that top, baby. You look like you're about to go do the hustle...and maybe a few lines in a bathroom stall (I mean that in a loving way, I promise).

Sorry I'll miss the shower but I've got my sister's to attend to! :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...