Monday, May 19, 2008

Huge Bummer

A few months ago when I was taking the car in for an inspection, the mechanic told me that there were some things wrong with the car that needed repairing. We finally got around to bringing the car in today for diagnosis and repair, but before that happened was this conversation:

B (to his coworker) - Hey Mark, can you follow me to the mechanic so I can drop my car off?
Coworker - Oh yeah, sure. I saw that someone slammed into your car this weekend, that's a terrible dent!
B - Uh... WHAT?!

Yeah. HUGE bummer. Somehow with all of the flurry of activity this past weekend during the wedding, someone (presumably a truck or an SUV because of the height) slammed into the side of our car. There is a huge dent where the panel above the tire is actually crushed in, I have no idea how we missed it.

So in addition to the $1500 of car repairs (oil, brakes, tires, suspension belt, etc) that occurred today, we now have an additional $500 deductible because someone was either drunk or careless and didn't leave a note. Booooo....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That totally sucks! Those unexpected car expenses are the worst.

Sarah and Media said...

I feel your pain. I have 8 unpaid parking tickets that are all for the same thing at $65 a pop.

I am waiting for my court date...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...