Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shoe Miracle


I experienced a shoe miracle this weekend. B and I went to DSW after dropping my brother off at the airport and I found these little babies in the clearance section. I've been calling them my Barbie Shoes. Regular readers will know how small my clothes closet is. They will also know that I have an inability to buy clothes for myself. So these were a first - a shoe purchase for no reason, and fancy shoes at that!

So I paraded around the store in them and couldn't think of a single outfit I could wear shiny pinkish purple Barbie shoes with and decided to buy them anyway. And then - this is where the miracle part comes in - Monday afternoon happened.

Monday morning we met with our DJ to finalize song choices. And since we'd be doing nothing but sitting in the car, I thought it was a good time to test out the shoes. I figured I may as well assess the degree to which they would destroy my back. But on the way home we decided to hit the outlets to look for a bridal shower dress and some jeans for B. Two things happened:

1) I found a dress for the bridal shower that happens to look awesome with the Barbie Shoes!
2) I walked around on those stilts for 2 1/2 hours at an outlet mall on Memorial Day and my back was FINE!

I can't even walk around the office in my sassy orthopedic shoes without my back hurting, so clearly I'm meant to wear high end stilettos at all times.

4 comments:

Strongmama said...

I love those shoes! I love the heel. If you lived just a little bit closer, I'd be trying to borrow them so I could wear them while I vacuumed or something. They just look like so much fun! Maybe you can get some extra mileage and wear the dress and shoes again on your honeymoon?

Billy said...

It's always good when the God's of shopping shine on you! My personal favorite thing is when the God's of Shopping and Parking collide and you get a front spot at the outlets, where they are having amazing sales! A boy has to have a dream...

Ouiser said...

congratulations on the shoe miracle. i wish i'd have a shoe miracle.

i'm living in jealousy.

die Frau said...

Soooo...BCBG, huh? Duly noted. And they are sassy, lady! Is it mere coincidence that I literally just saw the prom scene from "Pretty in Pink" on TV not 20 minutes ago? Just please don't find hot pink pantyhose to wear with them....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...