Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just a little more patience

The last few weeks around here have been awfully rough. Our computer died, taking some data with it, our new camera fell and broke (this is the second time this has happened in a year), someone shot a BB gun into our bedroom window, and on Sunday my back went out.

I already have hypermobility syndrome, which is something you're born with and something I made worse by growing up as a dancer and a gymnast. But what happened on Sunday was different. I was in such horrendous pain and so locked up that by Sunday evening I was at a 90 degree angle and I only got out of it this morning. Please imagine trying to go through your day - even a day at home - in excruciating pain and at a permanent 90 degree angle. It's been a LONG four days, let's just say that. I went to my physiatrist yesterday and she said that I most likely had a bulging disc. The best part is that there is no real reason it happens and nothing you can really do to make it better other than time, physical therapy, and medicine.

This morning I got out of bed and was miraculously able to stand and I also found out that they've shipping our new computer. So... things are getting better but it's been an extremely slow process. Hopefully by next week I'll be back in the world again and back in Internet/Blog world as well. I also hope that we've sucked up enough of the bad luck floating around that all of your weeks have been much better!

2 comments:

feather nester said...

Ah, bulging discs. I had a few of those that week before we got engaged that I was on bed rest for seven days. It was awful, but it did get better. Heat, ice, heat, ice, heat, ice, and don't get up any more than you absolutely have to. I'm sure you already know all that, but it worked for me, so I'm hoping it'll work for you, too. Sooner rather than later. And I hope the computer shipping gods are nice to you. :)

die Frau said...

Feel better, honey! So sorry about all the back and technology problems. Maybe they had it right thousands of years ago with books and acupuncture....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...