Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Making Commitments

I took a look at the Life List to see what the next five things I could cross off might be.  Strangely enough, I came up with four and then B's coworker saw the failed Halloween cake and asked if she could hire me to make her son's Pokemon birthday cake. Yay! That's a first - having something from the list come to me instead of the other way around.  Nicely done, list. Also, I feel like there's an after-school-special kind of lesson in there about the failed cake turning into a successful Life List goal, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Anyway, here are the next five things I should be able to cross off:

  • Get paid to decorate a cake or plan a party - The cake has to be delivered on Friday, Nov. 12th, so I'll post sometime that following week about the details
  • Finish one of the books I listed (#20)
  • Start cooking meals outside my comfort zone (#27)
  • Learn how to tie a man's tie for him (#54) - I envision this as a video featuring the husband
  • Learn to make the perfect martini (#55) - My goal for this is to talk a local bartender into teaching me at the restaurant/bar and letting us film the whole thing.

How about you, did you make a list yet? Even a secret one that you're not going to share? Seriously, do it, it's super fun and really liberating.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...